Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link
I was thinking about making a lacy and light weight pattern using Small Crochet Motif that I shared with you last year. And I have changed motif pattern a little bit for making this shawl, so don't follow that pattern. The motif pattern is very popular since it has only 2 rows, easy and fast to crochet and can be finished each motif pieces less than 15 minutes. Perfect pattern for busy time.. Right..
So, I thought it would be fun and exciting time, if we do it together.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to get the latest post just in time when its release.
First of all I must say this pattern is free size. No need worry too much about the sizes, gauge and materials we get.
You’re free from all of these. You can measure your work while you crocheting and stop at any time after you get your desire length. When talking about the materials for the shawl pattern, the best yarn weight is fingering, sport and DK because we are going to make a lacy pattern for both spring and summer time. Light weight yarn is perfect and fingering is the best.
I’m using fingering weight yarn I bought from the local market.
Select one yarn weight and a crochet hook size go with the yarns you choose.
Use your favorite colors and of course this pattern will work with your stash buster…
Materials: (I used)
- 3mm crochet hook
- White color (color 1) Approx. 250 yards
- Beige color (color 2) Approx. 200 yards
- Pink color (color 3) Approx. 200 yards
- Tapestry needle to sew in ends
- I use Join As You Go method for joining each motif together. I will update the tutorial with photos about how to join motif using Join As You Go method here in the future. Click here to go the post. (updated)
- I found these yarns are suitable and there have more choice of colors. Click here and here
- To finish shawl pattern with fringe. How to make a fringe by Just be happy!
I’ll post each part on every Saturday this month. My aim is to finish the shawl end of this month and finally post my finished project by 2nd of May 2015.
31st of March : welcome post with materials and other helpful tips.
04th Saturday: Part 1 (updated)
11th Saturday: Part 2 (updated)
18th Saturday: Part 3 (updated)
25th Saturday: Part 4 (updated)
02nd of May: Part 5 (updated)