First of all, check out the above image.
My favorite pattern is square B in Amazing crochet textures. So I began crochet this criss cross pattern first. What you think about it. Yeah... it has a great cable texture pattern. There have 2 more beautiful texture patterns to crochet. I will crochet them soon. After that, I have to finish 12 squares using that 3 texture patterns and finally it is going to join together to make a cozy and snug afghan. It's fun and easy.
But wait a minute, I’m not ready to make an afghan yet from this. I’m going to use this 9" x 9" long square as a dishcloth. Don’t you think this cable pattern square can be used as a dishcloth in our kitchens?.
With the little changes to the pattern I could get the look of it like a dishcloth.
What I changed
- I used 2 colors for one square (In the class, he uses one color),
- And hdc for the edge.
- I used Sport yarn instead of worsted yarn.
- 4 mm crochet hook instead of 5 mm crochet hook
- Free Craftsy Online Class
- Amazing crochet texture by Drew Emborsky
- class content: foundation and post stitches
adding beads as you go
- Craftsy online class with high quality video lessons can be watched at anytime, anywhere with computer and mobile device.
- You can also put a note while you are watching. And have a pdf file can be downloaded.
Drew Emborsky teaches you nicely and very patiently how to crochet these ribbing, cable and beads texture squares A to Z. Fpdc and Bpdc are used mostly for this afghan. If you are not familiar with Fpdc and Bpdc stitches, This online free class is a great opportunity to learn and know more about how to use them in a pattern and how to use them nicely to the pattern. After I watched the video lessons, my mind filled with new ideas. It will be a help to my future designs to come up with fresh pattern.
(If this is the first time you going Craftsy. You have to register first. NO NEED PAY FOR THE REGISTER. And you never be disappointed anymore because the place is filled with full excited thing. Not only online class, take a little time to sneak peek. You can even sell your own patterns. )