This perfect for school girls, school teachers and of course for you put your little thing when you go out with.
I made this for a school teacher friend of my mother, she wants to make it with dark colors. Not fancy looking, but beautiful and simple one.
So I chose black, dark blue and light blue. I could find them easily from my rest of yarn collection. What a great idea I have done keeps the rest of the yarn. I was very happy for what I had done. So I began to crochet, but I had no idea about the design I could add. After doing some hdc rows with black color I want to add stripes with simple pattern adding by blue colors. Suddenly I remembered beautiful leaping stripes by Moogly. After making little changes for leaping stripes, and it matched with my project nicely. Thank you Moogly.
Work going in rounds. Can be added any colors or more than three colors.
Finished size = 8.5” long, 3.5” tall
- 3.25mm crochet hook
- Black (MC) 25g, small amount of dark blue (CA), small amount of light blue (CB) sport weight.
- Piece of lining 7.5” x 9” rectangle, sewing threads, 9" long zipper (black color) for lining.
Gauge : 5 dc, 1.5 rows = 1 inch
MC = main color
CA = color A
CB = color B
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
sk = skip
st = stitch
beg = begining
Row 1: hdc in 3th ch from hook. hdc in each of next ch 37, 5 hdc in last st, working in unused loops on opposite side of starting chain, hdc in 37 st, 3 hdc in next ch. sl st to beg ch 3. (84 st)
Row 2: ch 2 (count as hdc), hdc in nearer st, hdc each around. (84 st)
Row 3-4: repeat row 2.
Row 5: Join (CA) with ch 2, hdc in next st, *ch 3, sk next 2 sts, hdc in 2 sts* repeat around. sl st to beg ch 2.
Row 6: ch 1, sk next hdc, sl st to ch-3 space, ch 2, * working over the chains and into the top of the sts from two rows previous as moogly says. hdc in each of next 2 sts, ch 3, sk next 2 sts* repeat around. sl st to beg ch 2.
Row 7: with (CB) ch 4, * working over the chains and into the top of the sts from two rows previous as moogly says. sk next 2 sts, hdc in each of next 2 sts, ch 3* repeat around. sl st to beg ch 4.
Row 8: ch 1, * working over the chains and into the top of the sts from two rows previous as moogly says. hdc in next 2 sts, ch 3, sk 2 sts* repeat around. sl st to beg ch 1.
Row 9: repeat row 7 with (CA).
Row 10: ch 1, * working only hdc sts, over the chains and into the top of sts from two rows previous. hdc in next 2 sts, sc in next 2 sts * repeat around, sl st to beg ch 1.
Row 11: with (MC) ch 2, hdc each around, sl st to beg ch 2. (85 st)
Row 12-13: repeat row 11.
Row 14: ch 1, sl st each around, sl st to beg ch 1. Fasten off. weave the ends.
ch 36 with (MC)
sc in second ch from hook, sc each across. Fasten off. fold it in haif and sew the strip to corner side of inside purse.
1. Cut the piece of lining 7.5” x 9” rectangle. (I added extra inch for sew )
2. Fold the piece in half and sew the sides (sew it 1/2 inch from the edge).
4. Be sure the lining should be little smaller than pencil case.
6. Put the lining cloth into the purse and pin it like this or you can sew it with running stitch. Make sure it wants to pin or sew close to the zipper.
3. Now fold the edge of the open side out 1/2 inch from the edge (To wrong side) and pin it.
5. Take the purse and zipper. Attach the zipper to pencil case with running stitch.
7. Now you can sew it easily with back stitch like this.